Uniquely Whynot HTV
We have hunted the world for a high quality, safe Heat Transfer Vinyl that is durable, can be applied to many materials and has a large selection of colours. We found it in Italy.
One of the things about this vinyl is how thin and elastic is making it awesome for any application from cotton, to polyesters, to blends. It is great for athletic wear too. It can be layered and has a soft buttery feel to the hands after it's applied.
No longer will you have need to keep two different colours around for your stretch projects and regular cotton projects. This is the perfect solution.
Suggested Machine Settings:
It is advisable to do a small test cut before beginning your project.
Cricut Maker, Cricut Maker 3, and Cricut Explore Air 3
Set Base Material in Design Space to: Everyday Iron On
Cricut Explore Air
Turn dial to Custom. Select all materials. then select Everyday Iron On
Set Material to Heat Transfer, Smooth Speed , Thickness 5, Blade Setting 2
Press Time:10 seconds
Peel:Warm or Cool
How to Apply:
1. CUT: When you are finished preparing your design, be sure to "MIRROR" the image because with HTV it always gets cut on the back side. In Design Space, you will see an option after you click MAKE IT to mirror it. If you are using Silhouette Studio, select the replicate panel and then mirror your design "right".
2. WEED: Place the shiny side down on the cutting mat. Cut the design and weed it. When it comes to weeding this HTV, it's a dream. Easy to weed is an understatement.
3. PRESS: This is important. Before you begin, give your garment a quick 5-10 press to make sure any moisture is out. Give it a quick go over with the lint roller too.
This HTV is applied at a lower temperature than most PU HTV so there is way less worry about scorching your material. Some of that athletic wear can't withstand high temperatures, so this is perfect for those materials. It is almost always better to give more pressure, than increase heat. Since this vinyl layers really well, go ahead and press the layer for 10 seconds, let cool a little and see if it was enough to lift the carrier sheet off so you can apply the next layer. Be sure to use the carrier sheet over the design for each press, or use a press cloth or piece of parchment paper. When you get to the last layer, press for the full 20 seconds. As you pull off the carrier sheet, make sure the image is well adhered to the fabric. So don't just go ripping it off with excitement.
4. WASHING: Wait at least 24 hours to wash. Machine wash inside out on warm or cold water setting using a mild detergent. Do not use bleach or other harsh chemicals. Tumble dry on low setting.
Want a bit more education on this vinyl and why we love it so much?
There are so many things to love about this vinyl. The amazing matte colours for one. However there are other reasons too. Check them out:
- Thin (only 90 microns) means it blends beautifully with the material and doesn't have that sitting on top appearance.
- It is so elastic, so you don't need to worry about cracking, lifting especially on those spandex, and sports garment materials.
- It layers really nicely with good adhesion even on that performance wear
- It is REACH Compliant
- It is OEKO-TEX® Compliant. This means it has been tested to ensure it is harmless to human health. So go ahead and make those baby onsies and toddler T-shirts because you can be sure it is safe.
VEGANOK certified as well.